Arriving: Departing:
Locations:
Bedrooms:Guests:


Featured Vacation Rental

Waterfront Home on Green Lake!

Leelanau Vacation Rentals in the Fall

Leelanau County in Northern Michigan is famous for Lake Leelanau, which is the largest and most beautiful body of water in the county. The county is only 348.47 square miles of land (or 13.76%) while the rest (2,183.91 square miles or 86.24%) is water. Leelanau is most famous for itís beautiful Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes, picturesque wineries and Lake Leelanau.

Most visitors in the area stay in Leelanau vacation rentals. The vacation rental gives them privacy; space and you can to cook if you want. Being a rural area there are also limited hotels making the vacation rentals the most natural choice.

If you are staying in a Lake Leelanau vacation rental, you will never have a dull moment. One of the activities that you could enjoy is going on a wine tour. The Leelanau Peninsula has 13 wineries. There are also wineries in the nearby Old Mission Peninsula. Some of the most impressive of these are Bel Lago Winery and Vineyard, Black Star Farms, Chateau Fontaine, Chateau de Leelanau Vineyard and Winery, Cherry Republic Winery, Forty-five North Vineyard and Winery, Good Harbor Vineyards, L. Mawby, Shady Lane Cellars, Tandem Ciders, and Willow Vineyard. Lease Lake Leelanau vacation rentals because you get to enjoy the heart of wine country in your home away from home.

Lake Leelanau is also a big attraction to the area.  It is made up of 2 water bodies namely North Lake Leelanau and South Lake Leelanau. The lake covers 8,608 acres and is a perfect place to kayak, fish and enjoy a wide variety of water sports.  Often the Indian summer arriving in early Autumn creates perfect weather for enjoying skiing and tubing for a few more weeks, but even if the air is cool lake house rentals in Michigan are always a hit.

If you are looking for amazing scenery on your northern Michigan vacation then getting a Leelanau vacation rental home is a great idea.  Whether you choose a place in town or tucked in the woods youíll never be far from beautiful fall foliage draped over rolling hills and framed by crisp blue waters. There are numerous hiking trails through the woods, scenic drives and of course the Sleeping Bear Dunes for you to experience.


The Leelanau area also hosts many fall events. These include Jazzfest at Marina Park in Suttons Bay, Suttons Bay Art Festival at the Marina Park in Suttons Bay, Leland Wine Festival, Lake Leelanau Walleye Festival, Tour De' Tart, M-22 Triathlon, Christmas in the Village, and the Cedar Polka Festival.

You may want to lease Leelanau vacation rentals near one of their two public golf courses. These are the King's Challenge Golf Club and the Leelanau Club. You could visit the two lighthouses in the County. These are the Grand Traverse Lighthouse Museum and the South Fox Island Lighthouse. Other attractions in the Country are hot air balloons, Leelanau Historical Museum, sleeping bear dunes, Great Lakes Children's Museum, and Leelanau Sands Casino.

If you are looking beautiful outdoor scenery, small town appeal and an array of activities renting a Leelanau vacation rental in the fall is a perfect fit.   You can browse the selection of Leelanau vacation rentals available here.